Monday, August 3, 2015

Library of Congress Art Show

For the last four years I have submitted my digital art work to the art show at the Library of Congress, where I work. Usually they are pet portraits - dogs and cats - but also one of my grandson shoveling snow in front of their Capitol Hill townhouse, one of my husband sleeping in his easy chair representing retirement, and a scene of women on the steps of Persepolis. The artwork is on display for about six months on the sixth floor of the Madison Building. It is great exposure, and I've even sold a print from it. Because obviously I like all of them (!) it's hard to decide the two best to submit this year. So I tried to narrow the field down from twenty to 15 and posted them on Facebook to get a general reaction. Of course, it is all over the board. There isn't any particular one that has an overwhelming majority. So I'm posting them here to see if I get any reaction. My husband likes paintings that I'm not totally thrilled with, but I usually trust his judgement. He is even surprised by the items that friends and family prefer. So, if you wouldn't mind taking a minute to browse, which two are your favorites? Thanks for your help! 



No comments:

Post a Comment