Monday, September 21, 2015

Julia's Florist in Starke and Florida National Cemetery

We haven't been to Florida since my Dad passed away three months ago. He was buried at Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, where he received full military honors. It is on our way heading south from DC to our house. So we decided to stop in Starke Florida to pick up some flowers. I googled flower shops and Julia's Florist popped up. We stopped in and asked for some cut flowers. She learned we were heading to the national cemetery and brought out a red, white, and blue bouquet with matching ribbons. In order to keep them fresh for another hour, I dumped some water in to a cup and held them in place. Since we had never been to the actual gravesite it took us awhile to find him, even with a map. The cemetery is huge and well manicured. They also have vases and water in front of each section to place the flowers in by the grave markers. We took a few photos and sent them to my mom before we arrived. It was a pleasant visit and I'm glad we made the stop. I know my dad would have liked the red, white, and blue. He is surrounded by a lot of other folks who also served in the military. Rest in peace Dad. I'm so glad we had the chance to stop by and say hello. 







No comments:

Post a Comment