Thursday, September 17, 2015

Macy's Sheets and Umbrellas

We were in need of a new set of sheets. I thought about just ordering them on line but decided to go to Macy's in Tysons. We've always liked the hotel brand, and to make things even better, we there was a 20% discount. So after brunch at Cafe Deluxe, we headed down the street to see what we could find. There was a great sea green color that we both liked, but obviously they didn't have it in the size we needed. So the salesperson steered us towards another brand and we found something that was comparable. He handed us the 20% card, so we could use it somewhere else. My purse umbrella was lost on our last trip to Florida and I have been using a larger one with a handle. It's great, but it doesn't fit in my purse, and was starting to misshape my handbag. I wanted to replace it with a smaller Totes umbrella. They had three different styles to choose from. I ended up with the smallest one with manual opening rather than the two larger ones with an automatic opening. But this time it was red instead of black. We figured if I really needed the heavy duty umbrella I'd take the big one from home. But you must understand...I have an umbrella for every type of rain and bad weather! So we left saving four dollars on it. I think I prefer on line shopping because it's just so much easier. But once in awhile it's good to take a look first. 









No comments:

Post a Comment