Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Etsy Orders and No Response - What To Do?

I've had an Etsy shop for three years. Since most of my items are custom orders, there is a lot of conversation back and forth until the custom portrait is completed. It is an enjoyable experience because progress of the portraits are sent throughout. I received an order last week for two portraits, and did not hear from the customer for several days in spite of many emails through Etsy and personal emails. So I queried my Etsy team members to see how they handle a no response situation. I was getting ready to refund the payment out of desperation. What I got back were curious and interesting experiences from the group of folks I "work with." Late or no response is usually due to vacations, business trips, or just the fact that people don't always check in on Etsy as much as we do to stay on top of things. The nice thing about digital art is that my work is virtual, so I don't need to mail anything. But some of the feedback I received was quite humorous as well as sad. So, two lessons learned: have a little patience, and realize people have other things going on in their lives! Being a responsible person can be a curse, but as a "shop owner" it is a necessary evil. Thanks for the feedback! It's great to be on a "team" with other shop owners for a whole host of reasons. They all responded right away!






No comments:

Post a Comment