Thursday, October 29, 2015

Gerry Mulligan Collection

Whenever I'm working I take a short morning and afternoon walk along the long corridors of the Library of Congress. Whenever there is a new exhibit, I change my direction to take advantage of it. But there is a long lasting exhibit in the Madison building and I pass by it all the time. If you are in to jazz, it's probably more meaningful. It's called the Gerry Mulligan Collection and it's all about Gerry Mulligan and jazz. I'm not a big jazz fan, but the Grammy sticks out as a point of interest. I'm too lazy to read more about it, but I do know our friends from Milwaukee think very highly of Mr. Mulligan - and they are jazz fans. Plus, anyone who owns a spot anywhere in the library obviously had some significant impact on something. For this reason alone, the Library is an interesting place to work, and an even more interesting place to take a walk. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment