Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Shari's Berries Halloween Special Delivery

My mom lives in Florida and it's quite a distance from here in DC and even further from Wisconsin where we lived for thirty years. I always send her things on the usual holidays, but lately have been sending things at other times of the year. It's more of an unexpected surprise and the idea is to just let her know we are thinking about her - especially since my dad passed away this year. What I like are the email updates a lot of the vendors send to share the progress of the package from start to finish. The first one thanks you for the order; then there's one to let you know it's been sent with a tracking number; and the final one to say it's been delivered. In the meantime I send my mom emails to let her know there may be a package left at the side door. So such was the case this week with a halloween brownie pop order from Sharie's Berries. It's not so much what it is, but the unexpected nature of it all. She ends up giving a lot of it away to the next door neighbor's kids - which is just fine. I suppose the only downside is the number of emails received practically every week to remind me if my past orders. Now that I could do without. 




No comments:

Post a Comment