Tuesday, October 13, 2015

ZocDoc Reminders

I worked in health care for thirty years. Lately it's been very difficult to make appointments at our primary care physician office. It used to be both my husband and I were well known to the physicians we used to see in Milwaukee and rarely had any difficulties. In late June I was looking for a dermatologist and stumbled upon ZocDoc. I was sent emails about that appointment before, during, and after that visit. Since then I've been constantly reminded about all kinds of routine appointments that I should make. This one was for a gyn exam. I suppose if one is very haphazard about planning and scheduling health care visits it's a good thing. But we aren't, so this can be somewhat irritating. Now, after trying to make an appointment for an annual exam for the last four months and finally succeeding, I have to reschedule it because of a work related conflict. I think the idea is to see whatever practitioner is not busy to keep productivity up for everyone and scheduling systems in some offices don't work anymore. Or, as both my husband and I are finding, we're just out if the loop on how things are done these dats - even though we were both making a living at it for all those years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment