Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Another Lawtey Response From Rep Van Zant

When we visited my mom in September  in Florida, we passed through Lawtey, a speed trap, and were stopped for a speeding ticket. Surprise! We didn't know it was a speedtrap until that incident happened. We have driven that way many times before. We accepted the ticket graciously but took issue with the comment made by the officer about our DC license plate, and if we were elected officials. Would that mean he would have done something different? Anyway, when we returned home I registered in person complaints with Florida senators Rubio, Nelson, and Rep Yoho and requested a written or phone response about the known speedtrap and officer comment. I also sent email complaints to Florida Senator Bradley and Rep Van Zant. Yesterday we received in the mail on official stationery a response from Florida rep Charles Van Zant. He was the second official to reply following Mr. Bradley's email from last week. I'm just happy to say at least someone responded to our concern - the state officials. I was wondering who would answer first, if at all. Why am I not surprised we didn't hear from anyone in Washington? I'm sure it's just not that important. 




No comments:

Post a Comment