Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Florida State Alumni Association Update Request

I really liked Florida State and Tallahassee. I am still in contact with a couple folks and oftentimes remember the experiences of having the opportunity to go to college - three of us at one time. It's been forty years since I graduated! It feels like just a few short seasons ago. I got a postcard in the mail to call a number to ensure the contact information for an alumni publication was correct. Once the details were covered - address, work title and general pleasantries, the sales pitch started. The hard copy version of the alumni directory was something in the thirty dollar range in two installments. I said I wasn't interested. How about a paperback version for half? No thanks. How about a CD with just your graduation date? Not at this time - I'll think about it. Did you get the last version that was printed in 2005? I don't remember. We moved to DC ten years ago and dumped just about everything. In this day and age of digital correspondence, the last thing I want is a hard copy of anything. She said this would be the only time the directory could be ordered. Well, I guess I'll miss out. I suppose it's a donation in disguise, but I prefer to make those when I feel like it. I still really like FSU - but not for these types of things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment