Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Willie Nelson Gershwin Prize Concert Tickets

It feels like yesterday that we went to the Gershwin Prize concert for Billy Joel. A few days back an announcement was sent to Library employees that tickets were available for the Willie Nelson Gershwin Prize concert. It's a great way to fill up the seats but also see some extraordinary artists - even if they are not your cup of tea. So I submitted an email request and waited for the lottery. Yesterday when I came to work there was an email informing me that I did get a pair of tickets. So I picked them up at the events office and brought them home. They are almost in the same spot as last year - all the way left and very close overlooking the stage. My husband was thrilled because he really likes these kind of events. They are really unexpected perks of working at the Library. The DAR venue is elegant and the artists honoring Willie Nelson are even more interesting - to me - in particular Neil Young. The event used to be held in the Jefferson building which was a lot easier for us to get to, but never enough space to open it up to employees. The DAR is much bigger and the concert will be broadcast on TV over the holidays. We'll probably take Uber to get there, and a cab home. It's one of those rare times we don't walk or drive ourselves, but it is worth it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment