Thursday, December 17, 2015

118 Degrees in Washington DC

It has been unusually warm here for this time of year. And I love every minute of it. I set my clothes out the night before based on the temperature and forecast for the next day. I've been doing that since I was a youngster and it saves a lot of time in the morning. Every day I start the morning checking a couple of news and websites and came across a very unusual one yesterday. What made it even all the more amusing is that in our office, the temperatures have hardly reached sixty. Nothing is being done about it, so we all freeze sitting there in our coats. Some of us escape to the warmer corridors for a few minutes just to warm up. When I checked the local news and weather on NBC Washington, it said the temperature was 118! Now I know it was a glitch, but it stayed that way for quite some time. I have noticed some very sloppy editing on a lot of websites. Since I'm a visual person, misspellings pop right out at me - even the ones on the "crawlers" on the bottom of the tv. In many ways I wish it had been 118 - because at about that time I was about to put my gloves on. That to me is cruel and unusual punishment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment