Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Library of Congress Gift Shop

It's not easy to figure out what to get a set of twins for Christmas. At least they are girls, and maybe it's a little easier to find something? Or, at least I can associate with that more. Every year the Library has a seasonal one day sale for employees in the gift shop. I rarely go there, but decided to check things out after I looked at the on line catalogue. It was very busy! But I did find exactly what I was looking for - an Alice in Wonderland pendant and a Washington DC charm bracelet. And what made it even nicer was the little Library of Congress bag I could put each of them in. It's never too late to start talking about the Capitol City with youngsters. It may just change the way they think in more ways than one could know. I was about five years old when my family came to DC for the first time and I can vaguely remember what we did - including visiting the White House and going to the galleries in the Capitol building. Then over the years we visited many, many times. It really is a place to see - and all it might take is a little bit of jewelry to get them thinking about it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment