Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snow and Ice Art

I hate snow and ice. It is one of the main reasons we moved from the all winter seasons of the Midwest to DC. I disliked driving in it all over town for work, and almost lost three fingers in a snow blower accident. Surgery and six months of physical therapy were not fun. So to get something out of this awful blizzard that is still keeping us inside, I searched for the few pleasantries regarding a situation like this. So I kept my phone and camera in hand, and tried to capture the artistic side of this mess. Living on the first floor has constraints - one needs to look beyond the bars on the windows, although there is a decorative element to them. As day turned to night, the glow of the street lights and front porch cast an eerie yellow hue on the ice and snow. We are trying to figure out how we will clear off the patio before the melting slush creeps in under the door in to the kitchen. It's so ironic that now that the worst has passed, the sun is shining brightly with blue skies all around. I feel a little cheated that we lost a few days of life...and will be glad to get back at the mundane day to day of it all. I really miss it! 











No comments:

Post a Comment