Monday, January 18, 2016

Wisconsin Professional License Renewal

Intuitively, I had a feeling my license was up for renewal. It's not that I use it anymore - in fact, I haven't used it in over ten years. But it's the principle of the thing. I worked in health care for thirty years. Most of those years was in the Midwest. A registered nurse license needs to be updated every two years. I long ago stopped practicing as a clinical nurse. Most of my career was in management, administration, and corporate office business as a productivity and performance management expert, but I still required my license in a Heath care setting. But I'm just not ready to let it expire because it was such a hard road to get it in the first place! Taking the state board exams was a harrowing experience for me, but taking most exams is still a harrowing experience for me. When I was in high school, I had a nightmare and fell out of bed over a geometry exam. So even before I received the official notice in the mail that it was time to renew the license, I got on line, completed the required forms, took the mandatory survey, paid the fees, and renewed it for another two years. Then the official notice showed up. I'm just glad the license didn't lapse. I don't know why, but I'm just not ready to throw that towel in. You just never know! 





No comments:

Post a Comment