Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Separation Clearance and Long Hallways

The countdown is on! I have two more working days until my retirement. The closest thing I've come to this experience is when I left my last job in the corporate office ten years ago in the Midwest. All told it was over thirty years in healthcare. It was a weird feeling to walk out of the building one last time, get in the car, and drive home. But I was heading to a new job in DC at the Library of Congress and only had three weeks off to move to a new town and get prepared. Yesterday I began walking the "separation papers" through all three of the Library of Congress buildings obtaining signatures to verify I don't have any books or open accounts. The last stop will be tomorrow afternoon when I turn in my badge and keys. It was another weird feeling. I've passed through all the halls many times over the years and saw a few familiar faces. It feels a bit surreal now that it is happening - but in a good way. I've been thinking about it for quite some time and am looking forward to another new adventure. This one does not include another job in another place. This time my husband plans to meet me at the door and walk me home. Who could ask for anything more?









No comments:

Post a Comment