Friday, February 12, 2016

Wagtime Gallery Wall Update

I've been painting pet portraits over the last few years - dogs, cats, birds. I create them using my iPad - the images are digital and can be used in a variety of ways. Rather than mats and frames, they can be turned in to stretched canvas, t shirts, coffee mugs, and a lot of non conventional items. Thanks to Lisa Schrieber at the Wagtime Shop across from the Navy Yard on Capitol Hill, I also have a gallery wall. And it needed to be updated. I was inundated with custom orders for Christmas, and just now found some time to print the portraits so I could display them. I use my old HP printer to do just that, and it takes awhile to get them all done. So today I finally had an opportunity to freshen things up. Luckily I was able to use my glue spray, and simply apply the new image over the older one. This time I added a few "in process" examples to so how the images are painted. It is surprising how well the portraits withstand the heat and direct sunlight. I'm really happy with the way they turned out, and appreciate the space to showcase them. Thanks Lisa! 





No comments:

Post a Comment