Sunday, March 6, 2016

Why Use a GIF?

For whatever reason, I have been hearing a lot about gif lately. I know it's been around for a long time, but I was intrigued enough to find out more about it, and if it would have any practical value for me. Because I create digital art scenes and portraits, and use a lot of social media, I thought perhaps using gif images would have a place somewhere. So I scanned the available apps for creating gifs. Since I only use my iPad for anything these days, there are probably limitations. So I got an app called GIFX, and started to play spring with it. I tried a sample with the Supreme Court cherry blossoms digital scene and another with a photos with a fountain and orchids. Then I discovered I can also create a gif from a video on tumblr. I guess you could say it's a good thing to know about and it is another option for a very specific reason, but I'm feeling unimpressed. I was much more enthusiastic when I discovered Instagram layout because of the every day value. Can someone tell me what I'm missing? 




No comments:

Post a Comment