Sunday, May 1, 2016

Chicagoland Eskie Auction

How time flies! Last year I participated in the Chicagoland Eskie Recue auction by contributing a handmade digital pet portrait. So this year I did the same. It's for a good cause and keeps me in the loop. All the donated items are posted on line on Facebook. Then during the auction timeline, people make bids on the item they are most interested in, and are reminded when someone has outbid them, to encourage more bidding. So I have been following the transactions and see that there has been some action on the portrait. Once the winner is declared, they will send a photo to me via email, and I will send back to them a custom portrait of their pooch using my iPad as my canvas. Last year the winner liked the portrait of the first pup so much, she requested another one of his sister. I think because we lived in Milwaukee for thirty years and spent a lot of time in Chicago over that time I feel a certain affinity to it. Some things sound so familiar to me, but are now so far away. This is a great way to be reminded. 







No comments:

Post a Comment