Monday, May 16, 2016

Tea and Cookies - and Lemon

If sugar is bad for you, my husband should be a diabetic. He eats candy all day long. He keeps it in his pockets, in the car, and all over the house. Nips and Bali's Best are his favorites and we order it by the case from Amazon. Every night after dinner we have another routine. After washing dishes, he settles in to watch the political news of the day, and I take my cue. I put the Keurig tea pot on hot water, throw in a tea bag, and wait for the brew. Sometimes I use the Keurig tea k cups, but teabags work just as well. While the tea is brewing, I put three different types of cookies on a plate, and put them next to the sugar cubes. When it's about time to deliver the tea to the designated place, I always have to add in a squirt or two of lemon juice. It's all gone within a few minutes. After the news, we play a bit of a Big Fish game on the iPad, and then watch our favorite queued up shows. You could say it's a bit of a routine, but I wouldn't want it any other way. 






No comments:

Post a Comment