Friday, May 13, 2016

The Almost Lost Diamond

I don't know how he found it, but when my husband said the other day that he lost the diamond from his wedding band, I was already figuring on having to replace it. But he is very dogged about finding anything when it is lost with usually positive results. The last time was when I lost a very small earring. He managed to find it in the vacuum cleaner. Just the idea that he noticed it when he did - because it could have happened anywhere - was a miracle. So he started looking around the house and there it was, an inch in front of the refrigerator in the kitchen. Well, he couldn't go around with a big hole in his ring, so we had to find a jewelry repair shop outside of Washington, thinking it might be cheaper (?). My husband hates everything about jewelers. And we have saved a lot of money not buying jewelry. The only jewelry I ever wear are two diamond studs with screw backs so they will never fall off, and a simple wedding band like his. So we made our way to Belle View Jewelers after lunch. It will cost about $200 to get the thing repaired, including a shine to boot. It won't be ready until Wednesday, so he will be walking around with a dent in his finger until then. It really looks weird and I don't much like it. Maybe I can think of something to use in the meantime? Any ideas? 






No comments:

Post a Comment