Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Escaping Tropical Storm Colin

This has to be the worst trip to Florida in a long time. I grew up here and we visit regularly to check up on my mom. But the last couple days reminded me of snowstorms in Milwaukee and the last blizzard in DC.  This time it was torrential rain, and overnight it was howling wind, thunder and lightning with flash flood alarms blaring on my iPhone with the threat of power outages thanks to tropical storm Colin. So I was happy to leave this morning. It was still pouring until we reached the bridge to Tampa. Then it started to lighten up along the way to Ocala. We usually make the trip in two days. But we may do the fifteen hour drive in one sweep. Both of us are anxious to get back to home sweet home! 











No comments:

Post a Comment