Thursday, June 16, 2016

Updating the Wagtime Gallery Wall on Capitol Hill

Across the street from the historic Navy Yard on Capitol Hill is Wagtime! It's a great place for all things dogs and cats. And luckily for me, I have a storefront "gallery wall" to showcase my digital art custom pet portraits. Every few months for the last few years, I've been updating and refreshing the wall with the custom portraits that I've painted for customers from all over the country. Once I have at least fifteen or more available since the last update, I print them from my iPad to the very slow HP printer in my closet studio, along with a few sheets of business cards and a few in process photos. Then they are cut to size and everything is packed up in to my carry case, including spray on and stick glue and Velcro. Since most of the new pieces replace older ones, I don't need to mount the new images on new foam board pieces, but simply stick them on over the older images. It's so nice to be able to show the portraits this way. I'd like to thank Lisa Schrieber for allowing me to use her space, and really appreciate the positive press Wagtime has provided. If you are ever in town and happen to be by the Navy Yard on M street, please stop by and take a look! 















No comments:

Post a Comment