Saturday, August 27, 2016

Apple Software Updates

The other day I was looking at the Twitter feed and came across an urgent reminder to update Apple software due to some serious security vulnerability. That's easy to say if there is just one device to concern yourself with. We have had several Apple phones over the years, but currently use two full time. Since the iPad came out, I use two of them for my digital artwork, and my husband has an iPad mini for his everyday use. So when the need to update software comes along, there are hardly enough power plugs in the house to get them all connected, and going at the same time. I always get my iPad done first because of my art "business." Luckily we have never had an issue with an update - that I know of! I don't know how we got along without all of this before - especially after a conversation we had this morning about my fill in job at Florida State as a switch board operator at the dorm I lived in my sophomore year. There was an intercom in the room that was used to notify the person of a phone call and the operator sent the call to a phone located at the corners of the hallways, or to another floor. Hand written messages were left in the mailbox when the person was not available. I still have a couple of those pink notes that had special meaning! I suppose you just embrace the new technology and hope for the best. But these updates can be unpredictable and time consuming. But I don't think anyone would want it any other way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment