Thursday, August 18, 2016

LLBean Wardrobe Conversion

Since I retired in February, my wardrobe has significantly changed. A couple weeks ago I cleaned out my closets and removed all the work suits, heels and the like. What was missing were casual clothes to wear on "keep it really simple" road trips and for "hiking" the concrete jungle of Washington DC. We are not trailblazers, and we don't do any outdoor activity like kayaking, boating, golfing, etc - they are just not on our radar screen. But we do love to walk. So my husband and I decided it was time to check out LLBean as an option and for the assistance we needed. Who would ever think that polyester and nylon would become the fabric of choice? And because it is so hot outside right now, we both stocked up on essentials that we hope will last for a long time to come. We had extraordinary help from Diane, who really knew her stuff, pointed us in the right direction with several options, and kept us thoroughly entertained along the way. So today I put the "quick dry" method to the test by washing, ringing out, and hanging the shirt and shorts I wore today on this dreadfully hot morning walk. They are already almost dry as I'm writing this blog. The underwear that lasts for several days won't get here until Amazon delivers next week. Now that's something I'm really anxious to try! What have I been missing all these years? There really is a life outside of work! 












No comments:

Post a Comment