Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Retired Person's Wardrobe - What to Toss? I Miss My Walk In Closet!

One of the things I miss most about our Milwaukee home is the walk in closet we had. It was't that large, but did allow me to have all my clothes in one spot. One of the first things we did when we moved to this tiny place was have California Closets do whatever they could to make the already tiny space a little more useful. But even with that, stuff is located in several places, but I don't have to walk very far to get to it all. Since I retired in February I have been meaning to clean out the closets and get rid of anything I knew I wouldn't be wearing any more - work skirts and suits, high heels, stockings! So yesterday - with my husband's help - we went through just about everything, leaving the sock and underwear drawers for today! I can say I made some progress and filled two large garbage bags with worthwhile clothing, purses, and shoes to take to Goodwill. But I didn't go as far as I could. I think I need to rethink it all in another year, once we get through all the seasons. What I ended up with was a lot of extra hangers, everything now has it's own hanger, the hall closet area is mush less cluttered, and everything is in a little better order. I also have an idea of what I actually have. I also realize that my wardrobe is quite neutral and tends to be the same bland colors. There is still too much, but I'm having a bit of a problem discarding leather jackets and other things that still look good. I do know I don't need to get anything else right now. The heels were just switched out for walking shoes. That should do it for now. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment