Thursday, November 10, 2016

Phillipe Deshoulieres Porcelaine De Limoges - Victoria and Albert

We visited Watts Tea Room and wedding shop many times over the years in Milwaukee. We bought a few items for entertainment purposes, including a porcelaine dessert set of bowls, plates, mugs, and a platter. It is one of the few items that we brought with us to DC when we moved here over ten years ago. Last week as we were preparing for a night soirée, we managed to break one of the small plates. But it was broken in such a way that it might be reparable. So I got out my gorilla glue and did my best. But my best wasn't good enough because there were a few tiny, but obvious pieces, missing. When I looked back at the set, I realized that we only had four bowls and four mugs, but six of the plates. So in reality, we didn't mess up the entire set, and actually had two extra pieces all this time. It made me feel a little better, but not really! I'm just glad it wasn't one of the other pieces that bit the dust. That would have really messed up the set.





No comments:

Post a Comment