Saturday, January 7, 2017

Apple World Travel Adapter Kit Recall

There was a notice sent out from Apple many months ago that there were some issues with some of the adapters in the world travel kit and they were being recalled. So I set them out on the counter to remind me to one day take them in and get new ones. Since we usually go to the Clarendon store out of convenience, we waited for it to reopen after renovation. That was a few months ago. Then the holidays came and I knew I didn't want to go anywhere near any Apple Store because I really dislike crowds. So finally yesterday since we were going out to Tyson's anyway, we decided it was time to finally get this task checked off. You would have thought Christmas hadn't arrived yet - the place is always so busy! We scheduled an appointment at the Genius Bar, and took a short walk only to be called back in just a few minutes. The young man who helped us was very cordial, typical of most experiences there. Luckily the three adapters we needed exchanged were available without having to come back and pick them up. I also asked a couple questions about poor battery life on my one year old phone. He ran a diagnostic that said the battery was fine, but the situation hasn't really changed. Anyway, I love going to the Apple Store but hate the crowds. But at least I don't have to look at those darn adapters anymore.









No comments:

Post a Comment