Thursday, March 23, 2017

Capitol Hill Dental Group

Most people hate going to the dentist. I hate it more than most people because I had TMJ surgery thirty five years ago. Keeping my mouth open for extended periods of time can be brutal, especially if additional pressure is applied. Grinding teeth at night necessitates wearing a night guard - and even then I wake up with sore joints. Luckily I have not had too many problems since having surgery, but I dread seeing the dentist all the same. I take aspirin prophylactically to avoid the for certain ache afterward. I always ask for an experienced hygienist, and usually get one. Since I chomped down on a peach pit last summer, my bite is a bit off and one side is more sensitive than it should be. So yesterday I made my way about a block down the street for my appointment to Capitol Hill dental group. We have been going there since we moved to DC because it is so convenient. No X-rays were needed on this visit, just a routine six months check. Even with basic health and dental insurance with additional dental coverage the expenses are rediculous. The charge was $192. I paid $34 and the rest will be billed to insurance. Since it is the beginnnig of the year, I know we haven't fulfilled the deductible. But don't you think the toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss are worth that much?

No comments:

Post a Comment