Sunday, March 26, 2017

Cherry Blossoms, Flowers and Birds

We walk every morning. And this morning was no exception. I was hoping it would be a bit warmer,  but NO! On came the winter jacket and gloves, and cloudy skies. I am one of those people who thrives on sunshine, even if the temps are frigid. But one thing is finally certain - spring is in the air. As we walked by the Capitol building, a lovey cherry tree framed the historic structure. In the Hirshhorn garden, a sparrow was bringing additional building material to the birdhouse strategically located along the walking path. The robins were hiding in the tree branch alcoves. Some of the cherry trees on the mall survived the cold snap of last week. And in the US Botanic Garden, the bulb plants were in full bloom. I remember watching the birds as a small child out in the backyard. So whenever I see one I still like to observe - especially when I hear the distinct chirp of the cardinal. I am hoping it will finally warm up this week. It's so much easier heading out the door without all that additional bulky clothing. Something to look forward to.







No comments:

Post a Comment