Friday, March 24, 2017

Wacom Bamboo Stylus Rubber Nibs

I've been painting portraits with my ipad over the last several years. After trying a few different products, I settled on the Wacom Bamboo Stylus as the "paintbrush" because it has just the right weight and feels good to use. I have two of these devices and keep them in a pencil box case we got when we were in Iran in 1996. The end of the Stylus has a rubber tip - or nib - that eventually runs its course. They can easily be replaced with either soft or hard rubber tips. I ordered them on Amazon a couple of years ago, and when I tried to reorder the same thing, it said they were no longer available. That always frightens the heck out of me especially when I really like a product I'm using. Well, it turns out the place I got them from must not have them anymore based on the last order. But when I searched just on the product name and number, a New York City Camera store called Adorama shipped the small packages to me. It says it's more than a camera store and it must be to have this sort of thing. Anyway, the rubber nibs arrived this week and I'm good to go for another few years - I hope!





No comments:

Post a Comment