Thursday, April 27, 2017

Chicagoland Eskie Rescue Auction

This must be at least the third year that I participated. The Chicagoland Eskie Rescue Auction began on April 26 and goes through April 30. I'm not sure exactly how I got involved. But I think it has something to do with the fact that I painted a digital pet portrait for someone who has an American Eskimo pooch, and it went from there. We also used to visit Chicago routinely when we lived in the Midwest, so I feel like I have a connection to the location! So I get contacted long before the event to see if I would be interested, and I am. It allows for good exposure to a broader audience, and it is fun to see how much someone will bid on something that I create. Then I work with the individual who made the highest bid, and the competed digital artwork is sent to the buyer via email in jpeg format. It's also tax deductible, but that doesn't really matter so much. I have now done several Eskie portraits and each one is different. So now I'll wait and see what happens this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment