Sunday, May 21, 2017

Famous Be-an Creation Station Dolls at Mount Crawford Book Fair

We took an auction road trip with a friend of ours that took us to Mount Crawford Virginia. It's about two hours from DC. We needed to pass the time before the bidding started, so we wandered through the emergency and safety station program set up for the kids, ate an ice cream cone, and then headed to the book fair that was housed in two very large warehouse buildings. Not a lot of things caught my interest, until we were about at the end of the browsing. I used to collect Madame Alexander dolls that represented countries from all over the world. I got my first doll when I was about six years old and ended up with over a hundred. But we left all of them behind when we moved to DC from the Midwest. So when I saw the Jackie Kennedy Famous Be-an doll from Creation Station in a large bin, I was amused. It, and all the celebrities surrounding her, sold for $1.89 each. I think I spent at least fifteen minutes rummaging through the bulk of them. The representative images were whimsical. I had never heard of this brand or doll before. So the trip for me was worth it - just for this! As for the auction? Our friend got what she came for. It was a very interesting day.











No comments:

Post a Comment