Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Rambutan

We love fruit. We eat it every evening as a snack. At our age, it's probably not the wisest idea since it keeps us up at night! But it is a habit we have had for many years. We eat whatever is is season, but my favorite is watermelon and Granny Smith apples. Cherries, small oranges, grapes, raspberries, blueberries and melons are all options. My husband cuts up an assortment and brings a small platter so we can munch it while we watch tv. Yesterday we were given a bag of fruit from some friends that we know who are currently renovating our bathroom. They are from Vietnam, do exquisite work, and wanted us to try out rambutan. We have never heard of rambutan. My husband bravely peeled one open and tried it out. He said it tasted kind of lemony. So we looked it up to find out more about it. It reminded me of lechee fruit in Florida, although we never ate it. Since my husband is such a great cook and likes making jam and jelly, he might take this bag of rambutan and try turning it in to a delicacy. I'm not one for exotic flavors, but it will be interesting to see what comes of this! Have you ever heard of rambutan?

No comments:

Post a Comment