Friday, August 4, 2017

Natural Spirit Polar Ice Scarf

When we walk in the soupy humid mornings of summer in DC, it can get downright nasty. And certain blood pressure medications warn you to stay out of the sun. My resistance to the heat is slowly deteriorating, so anything that will make the exercise less excruciating is welcome! So I tried an ice bandana. You put the flexible ice snake insert in to the insulating neoprene and soft terry cloth bandana and stick it in the freezer for a few hours. It was sort of bulky and had a "dry cool." Yesterday I tried the Natural Sprit Polar Ice Scarf. You soak it in water for a few minutes until the polymer beads thicken, dry off the excess water, and stick it in the refrigerator for added coolness. It can be used up to 30 times. I have to say I liked the ice scarf more than the ice bandana because it was lighter, felt cooler, and wasn't as bulky. My husband won't have anything to do with these sorts of things, but he doesn't seem to be affected by the heat like I am. I think I will definitely wear the lighter ice scarf for the rest of the summer. If nothing else, having something around your neck makes you think about trying to be cooler. That, and the water bottle that evaporates by the time we get home, can only help. The summers in DC last a lot longer than the two weeks or so in Wisconsin! Being prepared is just a good idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment