Friday, October 20, 2017

Aerowave HD Frequency Cable Cutter

The idea of having a standalone tv work without a cable subscription finally dawned on me last month. We have two tiny apartments. One is fully equipped with cable, wifi, modem, router, etc. The other one used to have basic cable, but we discontinued it because we really never used it and it was a waste of money. If we are in that apartment when we have visitors, we rely on our iPad, phone, and personal hotspot. But the tv was sitting there doing nothing. I wanted to get an Apple TV there so we could at least mirror shows from my iPad. For a variety of reasons we abandoned that idea. Then I searched for whatever we needed to just get basic tv - like in the old days before cable. I found a couple of recommendations for a digital indoor antenna that could be easily added to our seven year old Sony Bravia tv. I found the directions for hook up specifically for use with our Sony Bravia and was prepared for the main event. I think it helps that we live in an urban environment. When I searched on available channels, there were at least 30. The Aerowave antenna arrived yesterday. With a very skeptical husband, we hooked the cable to the antenna and then to the tv, fumbled around the programming with the remote to find the internal antenna source option for programming, then searched for the available channels, and had instant tv within five minutes! We are so happy to have just the essential stuff - 52 channels - for free! If my new laptop had an HDMI port we could probably 
 se it too. But this will have to do for now. There is nothing worse than a tv that doesn't work. It feels like such a great accomplishment! 

































No comments:

Post a Comment