Saturday, October 14, 2017

An October Gourd Wall Vase

On our wall is a vase that we use to showcase the seasons. It has two levels and can be used in a variety of ways. Usually it is filled with pebbles that support the flowers that are added. The last time I added some philodendron cuttings to see if they might root, along with a couple of greens and twigs, and added a bunch of tiny yellow carnations. That bunch lasted a good two weeks. Since it is October and Halloween is just around the corner, I thought it might be a good seasonal opportunity to try something different. Last weekend we picked up a tiny pumpkin with a very long stem, but I noticed a pack of gourds that were small enough to fit in the glass vases. So this week we got the gourds. I emptied out the water and the pebbles and added the gourds to both vases. But it seemed to be missing something. So I added back the twigs and the philodendron. It looks a lot better and fills the space. But it still didn't look quite right. So I put the pumpkin in the top vase and placed three gourds on the laptop stand. That seemed better. I have a feeling this arrangement may change again. We have a couple of weeks to think about it. 


I















No comments:

Post a Comment