Monday, October 2, 2017

Silent Auction for Wagtime

Thanks to Lisa Schrieber, a few years back I started a "gallery wall" at the Wagtime Too shop across from the Navy Yards on Capitol Hill. I've been displaying my custom commissioned digital pet portraits ever since. Lisa asked me the other day if I'd like to contribute an item for a silent auction they are sponsoring this month. Of course I would! So I needed to get a foam board at Staples and figure what might look nice to showcase my work. It took a few days to get it straight in my head, print out a few items, try some options kinda like a jigsaw puzzle, print out a few more things, eliminate others, and finally start glueing everything down. Then I needed to print up some business cards and cut them down to size, print out additional pet portraits to in preparation for a redo to the existing gallery wall, and now plan some time to actually update the wall. It's hard to believe I've been doing this for almost five years now. So yesterday when we walked past the space with an out of town visitor I was happy to say it is all my work! What a great way to show it off. Thanks again Lisa! 







No comments:

Post a Comment