Thursday, October 19, 2017

Rain X on Glass Shower Door?

We just had our tiny bathroom renovated. We took out the old iron cast bathtub and had a shower installed with glass panel doors. When we renovated our bathroom in our Midwest house many years ago, the glass shower doors didn't stay crystal clear. Over time, they developed a white scum even though we used a squeegee every day. We really didn't want that to happen again. So after reading about what bathroom shower cleaner to use, my husband came across the idea of using RainX on the glass - the stuff you use on car windshields. The principle is the same so why not give it a try? So we got a spray bottle of the stuff, followed the directions, and waited for today to see if it made any difference after taking a shower. I have to say all I noticed was a barely visible light film on the glass and I'm not sure the water drops were being repelled? The glass just fogged up like it always does and I didn't see any droplets of water. I still squeegeed the doors but didn't spray them with the shower cleaner first. Maybe I should wait to see what happens over the next few days before I make a final judgement. All I care is that the RainX didn't ruin the glass and hopefully it will just wash away over time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment