Sunday, October 8, 2017

Wagtime Too Gallery Wall Update

It's been awhile since I updated the gallery wall at the Wagtime shop on Capitol Hill. We took a roadtrip to the great Northwest in June; starting in July we had a major bathroom and miscellaneous renovation that is almost done; and in August we made an emergency trip to Florida for my mom's broken hip which was followed by a massive hurricane. So I set to work last weekend printing out some new digital pet portraits that I've completed since the beginning of the year, and packed up my spray glue to mount the images on the existing foam board. My husband drove me over to the shop across from the Navy Yard and for about an hour the wall was transformed again. Out with the old and in with the new. I also had to print up a big batch of business cards to leave in the little holder, and also sprinkle strategically about the portraits. What started several years ago as a request to use the space for the portraits has become a familiar routine. I would like to thank Lisa Schrieber once again for allowing me to use the space. I am amazed how resilient the digitalart images maintain their color in the bright south sunshine and heat. In spite of that it's fun to switch it up every few months. I remember each and every one of the commissioned works - the pups and kitties come from all over the US. It's a great spot to display them. Stop by if you are ever in DC! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment