Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

When our grandson was small and lived just down the street from us, we would make crafty things together. For the holidays I tried to find something relevant and then personalize it in some way. I would search for things on line, then print them, and follow directions to put whatever it was together. So one Thanksgiving there was a little pilgrim and Indian ensemble, complete with a turkey and dining table, that I found and assembled. What was different were the faces when all was said and done. I found his and his parents' face photos and used them instead of the originals. So now for Thanksgiving I take out the tiny group and put them on display. Our grandson is now fourteen years old and no longer lives down the street. We had a chance to visit them last weekend as he traditionally visits with his other set of grandparents on this holiday. I always enjoyed making those things. Now they are out again and serve as reminders of the small things that we are thankful for. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday. 








No comments:

Post a Comment