Saturday, November 11, 2017

Jennie-O or Butterball Turkey?

I am not much of a cook. I have to follow directions completely. My husband, on the other hand, just throws things together and -  voila! For Thanksgiving I have always depended upon Jennie-O freezer to oven turkeys. Before we moved to DC eleven years ago we always had Jennie-O. I even ordered them on line if necessary, but they don't ship anymore. Jennie-O was not always easy to find here. I was lucky to locate a Safeway in Arlington that carried them; and I resorted to Omaha Steaks one year for a fully cooked bird.  Then I found my favorite brand at Target in Alexandria. So this year - right after Halloween - we went grocery shopping at Harris Teeter in McLean. We got a turkey breast there last year so I was hopeful they might have a whole turkey because we would be hosting dinner this year. I was so thrilled to find a freezer to oven Butterball whole turkey. So I scooped the twelve pound bird up and was so relieved! And wouldn't you know that today - at the Safeway we shop at every Saturday - there were Jennie-O turkeys sitting right there in the freezer section. Either there is more demand for this convenient way to make holiday meals, or more places are carrying them. So if you're not the best cook out there this is the way to go. I can vouch for it. And I don't think it matters if it's a Jennie-O or a Butterball. 









No comments:

Post a Comment