Monday, November 6, 2017

Leaf Indoor HDTV Antenna

A few weeks ago we installed an Aerowave indoor antenna to our Sony Bravia tv that was sitting idle in one apartment. We have only used cable for programming, so it was great to finally get connected to about 30 channels in a room that we rarely watch tv. I studied all the options, and this antenna was recommended because it came with the best cable; however, it had metal connections. After a few days - while I was adjusting it - one of the connections broke off! That was really disappointing. I patched it with electric tape, but wasn't happy about it even though it still worked. So I ordered the Leaf HDTV antenna which was the other recommended unit. This one does not come with the best cable, but since I now had one, it would be the best of both worlds. Since we live in an urban environment, and the tv is sitting near the outside wall and near a window, we didn't need a boost option or longer cord, so the 30 mile range should work. This antenna not only looked better, it worked really well. We just have it laying on the top of the tv stand. It has a black or white surface that blends in with whatever the room decor calls for. I can see why people are abandoning cable with all these available options. Since our wifi signal is not good in that room, we didn't install Apple TV, but I did get cables to connect my iPad with the tv if we ever choose to go that route - although it won't allow me to play any of my saved cable shows! Cable, for us, is still the lazy man's way to watch, record, and scan for favorite shows - but only in a room that is used a lot and makes it worth the monthly fees. It's hard to believe all we needed was an antenna - just like the old days. 















No comments:

Post a Comment