Wednesday, November 8, 2017

LLBean Boots, Pants, and Socks

We haven't been to LLBean for a while. We stocked up on several things since I retired almost two years ago. I switched out my business work wardrobe to casual walking attire for all seasons and haven't looked back. I was hoping to find some ear muffs and a slouch hat to round out my winter wear; my husband wanted to replace some old corduroy pants and find a winter walking shoe or boot that would keep his feet dry. So we drove out to LLBean at Tyson's and started looking. He immediately found a grey pair of nice fitting corduroy pants. When we looked for my hat and ear muffs, there was nothing that caught our eye. The only ear muff they had was the kind you wear behind your neck rather than over your head and slouch hats didn't exist. Then we asked about a good waterproof shoe or boot that would not irritate the ankle. We have tried hiking style foot wear before and even with lambs wool tucked inside around the ankles, the shoe rubbed and it was very uncomfortable. My husband tried on a couple of things and hopefully what he selected will work. He picked out a pair of thick wool socks and got gaiters last year to keep the snow out if it's one of those days. So my husband did get what he was looking for. I, on the other hand, didn't. That's one of the reasons I prefer Amazon. But some things need to be tried on and it was a good excuse for an afternoon ride. Who would have thought we would need all this winter stuff in DC after living in the Midwest for thirty years? I wish I had kept a few more of my favorite pieces. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment