Friday, November 17, 2017

Martin Luther Lecture at the Library of Congress

The Library of Congress looks very different at night. We usually go to lectures that are given in the afternoon. In fact, we just went to one on Tuesday about Martin Luther art and objects - celebrating 500 years of the reformation. Last evening we went to another talk about the famous monk. Brad S. Gregory was the speaker, and there were several rare books available to browse. I must admit I preferred the show and tell talk complete with many slides and visual surprises. Someone reading to me never sits well with me, although the speaker was very good and the content well organized. My husband really enjoyed it. I retired from the library after working there for ten years. I never planned to work there, it was just serendipity. Since we live so close we take advantage of the programs and lectures that are offered. It is one of the perks of living in the Capitol city. And it looks so different at night.

I


















No comments:

Post a Comment