Friday, December 1, 2017

Etsy, Fine Art America, and Zazzle Sales

I've been painting custom pet portraits on my iPad since the first device came out several years ago. I have an Etsy shop for customers to order portraits specifically of their pets from photos they send to me. When the painting is done, I post it to Fine Art America. For whatever reason I have not been able to post to Zazzle and have been too lazy to figure it out. It initially worked fine, but hasn't for quite awhile. I also have other downloadable paintings in my Etsy shop that are travel and place related. Several of the downloads are images of Washington DC and sites we have visited in our travels. When I get a request for a custom order, the communication, set up, sketches and updates just begin until the portrait is completed. When someone orders an image of something I have already painted, I simply get a notice telling me that something in my shop was sold. I don't need to do anything at all - just wait for the commission to be transferred to my account. Over the last couple of weeks I got a notice from Zazzle that someone purchased a water bottle with a yellow lab on it; someone bought a shower curtain with a blackcockapoo from Fine Art America; and a third person bought my favorite Women on the steps of Persepolis downloadable print on Etsy. It's obviously not the money - because it's peanuts. It's the idea that someone likes what I painted by finding it on the internet - out of the millions of options out there - and liking it enough to buy it. I love doing pet portraits but it's fun - and easy - to have the other paintings and items sell too. I never would have thought any of this was possible even ten years ago. 









No comments:

Post a Comment