Sunday, January 7, 2018

Fine Art America - Yazd Painting Sold

I have been painting on my iPad since it was first introduced. I like doing custom pet portraits, but have also painted scenes of places we have visited and the city we live in. I post most of my work - including my favorite photographs - on Fine Art America. The difference beteeen getting a custom order and receiving an email from Fine Art America that something has been sold are two very different things. For a custom order, the process just begins. For an image that was sold, I get a commission of sorts. I don’t need to produce anything, because the digital file is being used to create the product the buyer wants. It’s always fun to get these notices because they are unexpected. And to think there are literally millions of images out there, I am humbled to think someone likes my work enough to purchase it. The most recent item is a painting I did of a house in Yazd, Iran. It’s a place we visited and gave me an opportunity to reproduce what I thought was a beautiful place. I’m impressed with the selection the buyer made and wonder where it will be displayed. I alarm have the option to share the news on Twitter using the announcement link. Thank you to the person in Oakland California. I really appreciate it! 












No comments:

Post a Comment