Tuesday, January 2, 2018

iPhone Battery and Cold Weather

We walk every morning. And in order to keep my photo blog, Instagram, Facebook art page, and Tumblr site updated I need photographs! So when I pointed and tried to click on a squirrel who was scavenging the garbage can by the American Indian Museum yesterday, my iPhone froze. It's happened before - while the Christmas tree was being unloaded in front of the Capitol - and is very irritating! So I read about it at that time and understood the problem the be the cold weather. And apparently keeping the phone inside your coat pocket isn't good enough. We even had the battery checked at the Apple Store, and it was "okay." So I searched again to see what other factors contribute to reducing battery power and came across an article by David Payette. I read along and followed the instructions to shut off this and that. Someone else suggested that you keep your phone in it's cover/holder - just like wearing a coat. I didn't try taking photos today because it was just too darn cold to move - except to keep walking in three degrees and wind. But when I got home the battery reduced to 67% rather than 2%. Unfortunately I missed the clever squirrrl and am running out of daily photos. So I will need to attempt some new photos and see if these measures really do work. There will be plenty of opportunity over the next many days. I feel like I am living back in the Midwest. Thank goodness we don't have any ice or snow - at the moment. 














No comments:

Post a Comment