Friday, January 12, 2018

Passport Renewal

I renewed my passport before I retired about three years ago. Because I worked at the Library of Congress, I was able to have it processed and expedited through the House of Representatives offices. We just so happened to look at my husband’s passport this week and found out that it expires next month. It’s probably a good idea to have it up to date just in case we need it for anything. Over the last ten years we have gone to Iran, Denmark, and England four times - with side visits to France and Spain. In all of these places we were visiting with friends or family. The next trip may be a drive to Canada - and our European friends can meet us on this continent! I don’t particularly care to travel abroad, so it would be a great compromise. Anyway, it took four tries to get the on line renewal document completed. I tried filling the form in on my iPad first, but that approach didn’t allow me to print the pdf form. So I got out the laptop and tried three more times until I got it right. Then I printed the application out. The last thing we need to do is get a decent photo. So after my husband wakes up from his beauty sleep it will be showtime. Then I’ll need to size it just right. Maybe we will mail it at the House Office Building post office. It’s a good excuse to check out the scenery. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment