Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Registered Nurse License Renewal

It was way back in 1975 that I got a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. Seven years later I received a Masters of Science in Nursing degree while working full time. I have to say that having a career in Nursing was good to me. I kept moving up from a few years in the clinical arena to a variety of leadership positions - ending with a regional director in performance measurement for a large health care organization in the Midwest. After thirty years in health care we moved to DC where I started a second career as a civil servant at the Library of Congress. I was doing performance measurement in that role too, but it was nothing like being in health care. Since we moved to DC I have maintained my nursing state license for no other reason than that it was such a hard road to get it! Now I am retired for almost two years and the notice came this week that it was time to renew my license as it expires in February 2018. This may be the last time I renew it. I just can’t seem to give it up even though it’s been twelve years that I haven’t needed it. My husband had no problem forgetting about his medical license, and that’s been even many more years ago. I keep thinking maybe it will come in handy one of these days.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment