Saturday, February 3, 2018

Fine Art America Portraits - Sold!

I have had a website on Fine Art America for as long as I have been painting digital custom pet portraits when the iPad first arrived. I really love FAA because I also upload a lot of my favorite photographs that I have taken on travel or places in Washington DC. So whenever I receive an email notification from FAA, it’s about having sold one of these items. What’s even nicer is that I don’t need to do anything except publicize the fact that an item was sold via Twitter. What was unusual about the last purchase was that there were two separate sales - one each of two dog portraits I painted last year. The only thing I learn about the buyer is the city they are from. I immediately recognized the name of the town and the pooches I painted. When I complete a custom portrait I sometimes send a link to the customer from FAA so they can pursue the item they have an interest in having made - a traditional mat and frame or stretched canvas, or something a little different like a coffee mug or pillow. It’s also nice to receive comments from other artists about the portrait and the sale. It’s so exciting to know that someone is interested in the work you create. And to know it is being turned in to a framed work of art is just lovely! 












No comments:

Post a Comment